Sound Limbs is co-owned by Roger and Elizabeth Park.
President Roger Park is a Board-Certified Orthotist who has practiced in the field of orthotics since 1991. He has served the Lewiston/Auburn and Western Maine region since 1979. Roger earned his certification from the American Board of Certification in 1990, having completed Northwestern University Medical School’s Graduate Orthotic Certificate Program in 1989. Park holds an M.S. and a B.S. both from Springfield College. He specializes in spinal bracing for patients who suffer from scoliosis and sports trauma as well as lower extremity and foot pain. He is the owner of Acadia Orthotics—a Maine-based company that provides biomechanical foot orthotics to athletes.
Park also served as a board member for the Maine Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, Sports, Health, and Wellness. He brings twenty five years of experience in the fields of orthotics, athletic training and education to his work with Sound Limbs’ patients. Understanding that no two patients are like, Park pays exceptional attention to individual patients and develops effective customized solutions for each of them. His abiding goal is simply to enhance the health and capabilities of Maine citizens.
Co-owner Elizabeth Park is Operations Manager at Sound Limbs. She has served the company since its founding in 1991, answering telephones, assisting other staff, and managing day-to-day needs of the business. An integral part of the team, Elizabeth oversees all departments within Sound Limbs. She is responsible for managing accounts payable, and insurance contracting. In addition to bringing 30 years of experience in working with the public, she brings to Sound Limbs a love of people and tremendous desire to serve.
Tonya came to Sound Limbs with a background in short-term disability insurance as a Senior Disability Claims Manager. She is accustomed to helping patients’ concerns with ease and grace. Her calm and caring demeanor is a profound asset to Sound Limbs. We are lucky to have her on the team. Tonya lives in Lewiston with her husband and two sons. In her limited free time, she enjoys reading.
His credentials include:
- American Board of Certification, Orthotics in 1984, Prosthetics in 1985
- Graduate, Orthotics & Prosthetics Certificate Programs
Northwestern University Medical School, 1982
- Bachelor of Arts in Education, Arizona State University, Tempe, 1978
- Web Development Certificate, NH CTC, 2002
- Member O & P Almanac Editorial Advisory Board
- Guest Lecturer at numerous National and Regional Professional Conferences and Symposiums, including the AOPA National Assembly-Washington DC, the Rehabilitation of the Hand Symposium-Philadelphia, Liberty Mutual Nurses National Assembly-Atlanta, Perspectives on Amputee Care – Salem
- Provider of In-services and Instructional Courses at various Regional
Hospitals, Rehabilitation Centers, and Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Author and Co-Editor of books, publications and articles published in professional magazines.
- Instructor for various courses for the Prosthetics & Orthotics Profession including courses for the Boston Externally Powered Elbow, and the Utah Arm.
- Chairperson for the Upper Limb Prosthetics Society of the AAOP
Gary not only has an impressive background, he is a warm and kind caregiver who listens to his patients’ needs and is skilled at devising a plan of care that produces positive goal oriented outcomes. We are thrilled to have him on board.
If you’re in need of a certified prosthetist or an orthotist, learn more about Sound Limbs’ services and the medical referral process by contacting us today at (207) 784-4345 or (877) 784-4345.
Fax: (207) 783-9496